Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Ten Year Old Boy & Eternity

Up at 4am, I thought I would see if you are up, but there were chores to be done. Mom was crying in her room for dad - I could hear her. Back at this corner at 8am, I could "see" that you have fallen asleep, waiting. Reminiscing, I recounted a day late in April when we started "talking" again...
Me: How r things? Getting better?
You: Yes, they are! Clouds are clearing. Yet, not all clear, but I think soon. Maybe by this month's end I will  be more cloud-free...
Me: But no chance of ever meeting?
You: Once cloud is free, I will have a discussion with you about few business things. Then let's see. I will talk to you myself then...
Me: I can wait. I've waited this long haven't I?
You: You have.For long. Life just has its unexpected turns. And it had its turn towards me this time. But it's all for good.
Me: Just tell me when you want me.
You: Will
Me: I am cancelling my Singapore pass.
You: Why?
Me: I will not go to that country again. I was hurt too much.
This bright morning, I was thinking of you when the truth hit me and so, I wrote this poem. 
Twelve Apostles in Melbourne, Australia

"Prophecy"
A ten year old boy
Plays on the beach
Watching the waves roll in
He laughs when the waves
Splash on the rocks and
Wet his waiting face
He runs as the waves
Roll out again…
He never tires this little boy
His beaming face reflects the
Awesomeness of freedom -
The vast sea his playground
The open sky his audience
All around the expectancy
Of life awaiting fullness
The waves fetching his dreams
Rolling in and out
Unto eternity as ordained
By a magnanimous God….
What this means? Just this: we both have no reason to complain about our circumstances as God had already commanded all to serve our pleasure, as it is also to His pleasure that we undergo the circumstances of His magnanimity. We may not understand why or how, but our role is to trust that God is at work. As you have told me many times, if we find our circumstances deplorable, the reason is that we are not looking through the eyes of love - God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts!

Just wanted to tell you this, too: I could bear the interminable waiting but not the deafening silence...

No comments:

Post a Comment